Re: Balsa Galeon

On 04/10/2003, Jeffrey Bruton wrote:
> New to balsa and linux, but really am enjoying both so far. I have a
> simple question for a balsa user that uses galeon also (a galeon
> question really, sorry if this post is inappropriate.)
>
> I would like mailto:'s to open in balsa. I found the section in the
> prefs for Galeon to define what mail client. I entered the path to
> balsa, and if I click on a mailto: it brings balsa to the front, but
> the address does not fill in.
>
> I'm using balsa 1.4.2, galeon 1.2.6, and red hat 8.

On RH8 (which I use) you should try out Balsa-2:
http://balsa.gnome.org/download.html

I also use Galeon (1.2.9), and it fires up Balsa correctly. I checked
the prefs, and the mail handler is just set to `Gnome'. However, I
can't for the life of me remember how I set the Gnome mail handler to
Balsa!

The issue is that if you specify the command line explicitly, Galeon
passes the address, subject, etc. in separate "%x" options, whereas if
you use the Gnome handler, Balsa is just given the URL (which it can
parse for itself).  My apologies for not being more complete!