Re: Re: Folder tree does not display iso-8859-1 characters properly

On 04/02/2003, Pawel Salek wrote:
[ snip ]
> We could process the scanned filenames with libbalsa_utf8_sanitize()
> to be on the safe side.
>
> -Pawel

I think we *should*!  As Brian points out, we should be ready for just
about anything.  It's just hard to track down all the places where utf-
8 is assumed.

But I see that libbalsa_utf8_sanitize() still just replaces non-utf-8
stuff with `?' chars--I thought there was a move towards trying to
guess a charset and convert from it, before giving up and using `?'.
Have I missed something?