Re: [RFC] : correct handling of sent mails

>Messsage du 03/09/2002 01:21
>De : Carlos Morgado <chbm@chbm.nu>
>A :  <balsa-list@gnome.org>
>Copie à :
>Objet : Re: [RFC] : correct handling of sent mails
>
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 06:13:53PM -0400, Emmanuel wrote:
> > 	Hi all,
> > Here is the solution I come up with to only put sent mails in the Sentbox.
> > All is in libbalsa/send.c : the send function allways call
> > handle_successfull_send to do whatever you need when a message is sent (in
> > fact you also have the error handling in there). So it is only there that
> > you can copy the mail in the sentbox because there you know it has (not
> > has not) been sent. The only thing is that the copy to sentbox is a pref
> > so we have to pass it from the GUI back to that send function. But it is
> > doable.
> > So before I mess with the code, any comments ?
>
> be carefull with bcc. in fact, what should we do for nasty corner cases ?
> in fact, didn't this discussion happen some months ago ? did we decide
> anything ? time to go dig around the list.

The solution I propose is just to put the messages in sentbox only when we know they've been sent (whereas now we just put the messages in sentbox when the send button is pressed, even if it just queues the mail).
I don't get your point about bcc, could you elaborate please.
Bye
Manu