Re: [Q]: IMAP subfolder

Hi,

On 2002.10.26 01:41 Emmanuel wrote:
> But here is I don't understand now : why can't I choose the IMAP folder
> itself as the parent of a new subfolder? This is annoying if I want to

IMAP is represented as a hierarchy of folders, but in fact it's a list of
folders. The main difference is, that, when you create mailtest/mybox,
mybox is created as mailtest/mybox and added to the list, but mailtest is
not created as a folder. Therefore, mailtest itself cannot hold messages
and cannot be selected in the tree view. In order to achieve what you want,
you need to create mailtest as a folder, then create myfolder as a
subfolder, in that order. You may need to use the CLI interface of your
IMAP server to do this right. Please note that Cyrus IMAP, at least, will
create all mailboxes with _no_ permisions set. You must explicitly set
permissions on each and every mailbox you create to make it accessible (and
possibly selectable). On Cyrus, it would be this:

cm user.melanie.mailtest
sam user.melanie.mailtest melanie all
cm user.melanie.mailtest.myfolder
sam user.melanie.mailtest.myfolder melanie all

That will create myfolder as a subfolder of mailtest and both will be
selectable and be able to hold messages or subfolders.

Melanie