Re: error sending message

OK - i found my problem.  our sysfolk have been tinkering with our
telnet service this morning, in preparation for turning it off
completely (moving over to entirely SSH).  we had been warned about
this, but i had forgotten :(...  so, i happened to send that one
email when they had the telnet service turned off (localhost:25
is a telnet connection to the SMTP server).  i think this clears up
the mystery (for me, at least).

	-bryan butler
	 associate scientist
	 national radio astronomy observatory