Subject: Re: Missing Dependencies
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 19:57:29 -0400
From: "Lane P. Lester" <llester@simpub.com>
To: Pfunk Mallone <pfunk@pfunk.net>

On Thursday 02 May 2002 07:27 pm, Pfunk Mallone wrote:
> First, sorry for not responding sooner...I work during the day, and
> it was a busy one ;-)

That's OK, I also do other things besides fiddle with Linux. [grin]

> Just do an uninstall 'rpm -e pspell-devel-12.2-5', then install the
> new one 'rpm -ivh libpspell4-devel-0.12.2-4mdk.i586.rpm'. I'm betting
> this is gonna do it.

OK, I did it and ran configure on the balsa source:

[snip]
checking for XpmFreeXpmImage in -lXpm... no
checking for new_pspell_manager in -lpspell... no
configure: error: *** libpspell(-devel) not found.  Please check
http://balsa.gnome.org/ for information on the required files.

[root@pc4 balsa-1.3.5]# rpm -qa |grep pspell
libpspell4-0.12.2-4mdk
pspell-0.12.2-4mdk