Re: Size of messages in remote IMAP inbox.

On 2002.05.01 04:16 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
[ snip ]
> Do you have `Display message size in lines' checked? Balsa uses the
> non-standard `Lines:' header to get this information--perhaps an IMAP
> server can choose not to download it.

Well, I have to eat those words. Libmutt's imap code *asks* for that
header, but it's not clear whether it ever receives it or what it would
do with the information if it did. It appears to count lines when the
message is downloaded, even though the information is contained in the
BODY and BODYSTRUCTURE data items in the FETCH response, so it wouldn't
be available until you've viewed a message.