Re: 1.3.x Less stable?

On 2002.03.08 15:52:05 +0000 Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure if it just my setups (I have 1.3.2/3 running on three
> computers) but they all seem to be less stable than before.  The main

there's been quite a few changes during the 1.3 series so yes 1.3 deserves
the 'unstable' title. 1.3.2 for instance was full of bugs, but the point
of having an unstable branch is to get some eyes on those bugs so it
was a success ;)

> problem is the screen locking up (requiring a process kill) and it seems to
> happen mostly after I have been deleting items but some times it happens
> when I am starting the program - I get nothing on the screen and I have to
> go and kill the balsa processes and restart the progra,.

could you kill -SEGV ? that will hopelly bring up the bugbuddy thing and
provide a bit more info. be sure to mention on the description you caused
the segv. tkx

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds