Re: "stable" libESMTP

On 06.03.2002 17:40 Brian Stafford wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm thinking about releasing libESMTP as a stable 1.0 version in the
> near future.  To that end I may relegate the OpennSSL dependent stuff to
> experimental status since it needs a bit more work to make it "polished"
> (if that's possible in the OpenSSL API ;).
>
> Does anyone know of any issues I should consider or are there any
> missing features that might be considered essential for a stable release?
>
> For example, is there anything that should be taken into account
> regarding release procedures for the distributions?  Is it really
> necessary that the OpenSSL features should be considered experimental?
> Autoconf issues?

I don't remember having even a small problem to compile your libs since a
long time. Note that I don't have an exotic config (hmm, not for the basic
features, because my gnome settings are getting really special now : all
compiled by hands with small "touches" to compile the beast without using
ALL the libs).
For me it's OK.
Bye
Manu