Re: qmail smtp auth patched server doesn't work with balsa

On Thu, 06 Jun 2002, Leandro Lucarella wrote:

> Hi, I was using balsa successfuly, but I've patched qmail to support smtp
> auth (http://members.elysium.pl/brush/qmail-smtpd-auth/) and now I can't
> send mail throw this server. I can send mail even when I don't use the smtp
> auth in balsa.
> Other clients works just fine, like Sylpheed, Netscape, Mahogany, etc.
>
> Any ideas?

The patch may be hosed, incompatible with other patches, whatever. qmail
patches are disapproved by DJB and often clash.

Does it work with any other software than qmail + auth, such as
sendmail, exim, postfix? If so, go for Postfix or Exim, less bugs(*), less
waste of bandwidth, more compatible.

*) http://mandree.home.pages.de/qmail-bugs.html

--
Matthias Andree