Re: Find mailbox by name considered harmful

On 2002.06.05 06:41 M. Thielker wrote:
[snip]
> I use this "Move" submenu extensively - I should, I wrote it :) - and
> I would miss it very much.

I use it a lot myself--as a matter of fact, I think it should be
promoted to the first position on the popup menu. The HIG isn't very
firm on submenus: `Avoid submenus from popup menus' doesn't sound like
a total prohibition to me.

Perhaps we could have a single function that creates the menu and
manages the mru list, and a separate one that uses it to create the new
GtkOptionMenu. The current popups could then set the menu as a submenu
as at present.

> Another thing to think about is that MRU1 != MRU2. Meaning, I don't
> need mailboxes used in some other function to appear on the MRU for
> "Move".

Right--the widget would take a mru_list as an argument, and Balsa would
maintain a separate list for each use.

Thanks for the feedback!