Re: Find mailbox by name considered harmful

On 2002.06.05 12:21 Peter Bloomfield wrote:

> Balsa needs a simple widget that allows the user to choose a mailbox from
> a list of `most recently used', with the option of displaying the whole
> mailbox tree if the desired choice isn't on the list. One plausible
[...]
> with this need. It could also be used in a new dialog replacing the
> submenu on the BalsaIndex context menu--popup menus with submenus are
> frowned upon by the Human Interface Guidelines:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig/menus.html#menu-types
>
> Comments?

Yes. I do not think that a "Move" dialog is a GoodThing. It would mean a
right click, drag-left click move leftclick move leftclick move leftclick
sequence to replace a rightclick drag leftclick sequence to accomplish the
same thing.

Selection an option from a 2-level submenu is much less tedious then
selecting an option from a sinple context menu, operating a dialog control
that basically functions as the second menu level did, then dismissing the
dialog.

I use this "Move" submenu extensively - I should, I wrote it :) - and I
would miss it very much.
Another thing to think about is that MRU1 != MRU2. Meaning, I don't need
mailboxes used in some other function to appear on the MRU for "Move".

Melanie