Re: A patch finally

On 2002.07.16 03:11 Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> finally I managed to contribute something, although it's not much.

All contributions appreciated.

> I am using gcc 3.1.1, and since the balsa Makefile activates -Werror,
> every warning that gcc-3.1 emits results in a error. I found 4 cases,
> three i could fix:
>
> In libbalsa/filter-funcs.c and src/address-book.c there is a label at
> a end of a compound statement. Fixed by adding a ;

Good!

> In src/balsa-app.c was a multi-line string. Fixed by putting on one
> line :-)

That one was probably line-wrapped by someone's text editor--it might
be safer to split the string, as in

               else
                   g_warning("Unlocking an incorrectly "
                             "nested mailbox_nodes lock");

> In src/filter-edit-callbacks.c, the use of "%x" spits a warning about
> the date beeing not 4 digits in all locales. Go figure. No Idea how to
> fix... (maybe make sure that gcc doesn't know that %x will be the
> format :-))

That might work! There's an example in src/filter-edit-callbacks.c of
using a variable (xformat) initialized as "%x" instead of a literal
"%x" format. Some earlier gcc whines about strftime but not strptime,
apparently, and that was enough to silence it. Of course, there might
always be a real problem in those locales...

Thank you for giving Balsa-2 a good workout--it really needs shaking
down!