Re: receiving mail won't work

HI all,

For those who asked, the settings are as follows:

>From MC I got the following information:
system name: Galaxy
my username for internet-email is different from <myname>

/var/spool/mail/<myname>
/home/<myname>/mail/draftbox, outbox, sentbox (bigger than 0 bytes), trash
(bigger than 0 bytes)

In Balsa I set things up like this:
In preferencens-Identity
mailadress <myemail@isp.com>
reply to <myemail@isp.com>

Mailservers:
POP3 /home/<myname>  (which is the mailboxname, I think)
server = pop3.isp.com  (correct information, I got it from my ISP and from
my M$windows settings)
Port=110
userid (which is unequal to <myname>!!!)
password

I did not use any other button

Outgoing mail:
remote smtp server; smtp.isp.com port 25 (correct information from ISP used)

>those are likely to be mail server notices of failures if you're sending
>from yourname@localhost.domain your ISP is most likely not to carry those
>messages as that is not a valid domain

Okay, what does that mean? yourname@localhost.domain? Did I put this as a
setting somewhere? How? Where? What is it supposed to be?

>what your mail settings should be for starters, are you using SMTP or
>local sendmail.

See above. As far as I know I use a smtp server with my ISP. Correct me if
I'm wrong.

What am I doing wrong? Sending mail is no problem, the >0 bytes sentitemsbox
indicates so. But I still don't have a clue why I cannot receive email,
other than internal messages from my system when I f*cked up. As far as I
can remember, things where working on an other system, with SuSE6.0. Then I
used a version of Kmail. Anyway, the settings I am trying now work pretty
good in Windows98SE and Eudora so I don't think they are the source of the
problem.

Please help,

Greetz, dJezzer