Re: receiving mail won't work

On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 10:45, D. Jezzer wrote:
> HI, I am new to Balsa and trying to get it up and running. At the moment I
> can send email, but receiving seems to be a problem. Messages I receive are
> like host not found, <myname>@localhost.domain error 500. As far as I can
> see are the settings in Balsa okay, but without doubt is there anything else
> wich should be changed to get things working.

cd /var/spool
mkdir mail               <-- if its not there
chown root.root mail
chmod 1777 mail
cd /var/spool/mail
touch -c <yourname>
chmod 600 <yourname>

try again. i bet your mbox is not present in /var/spool/mail so you
probably want to create a null byte file there and make sure the
permission- and ownerflags are correct.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de