Re: receiving mail won't work

On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 10:45, D. Jezzer wrote:
> HI, I am new to Balsa and trying to get it up and running. At the moment I
> can send email, but receiving seems to be a problem. Messages I receive are
> like host not found, <myname>@localhost.domain error 500. As far as I can
> see are the settings in Balsa okay, but without doubt is there anything else
> wich should be changed to get things working.

excuse me, why do you want to get mail that already is there ? on normal
unix systems mail is stored in /var/spool/mail/<yourname> when starting
up balsa, it points there already. so why do you want to recive it?

if your system uses, postgres, qmail, sendmail or whatever then the
mails will be sent through either procmail or mail to these directories
and are THERE. so what you try looks more or less in missinformation.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de