Re: receiving mail won't work

On 2002.01.31 09:45:08 +0000 D. Jezzer wrote:
> HI, I am new to Balsa and trying to get it up and running. At the moment I
> can send email, but receiving seems to be a problem. Messages I receive are

do you get acknoledges from the recepients or just 'ok' status from balsa ?

> like host not found, <myname>@localhost.domain error 500. As far as I can

those are likely to be mail server notices of failures if you're sending
from yourname@localhost.domain your ISP is most likely not to carry those
messages as that is not a valid domain

> see are the settings in Balsa okay, but without doubt is there anything
> else wich should be changed to get things working.
>
> I am running redhat7.1 with kernel 2.4.16 on a AMD XP1600+. The
> balsa-version is the one that came shipped with redhat.

oh. that's balsa-1.1.3, do yourself a favour and upgrade to 1.2
it prolly won't help directly with this problem but, you should upgrade
anyway cause 1.1.3 is an early devel release and has a number of bugs
and using 1.2.4 will help people help you :)

> Please let me know what information you need to help me get things working,

what your mail settings should be for starters, are you using SMTP or
local sendmail.

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds