Re: Some items are not threading v1.2.3

Pawel,

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:29:35 +0100
> From: Pawel Salek <pawsa@theochem.kth.se>
> To: pri@chu.com.au
> Cc: balsa-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: Some items are not threading v1.2.3
>
> On 2002.01.23 17:56 Philip Rhoades wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I noticed some mails in a file were not threading (~50%) - I checked
>
> > in mutt and that looked 100%.
> >
> > What is the algorithm for deciding that a second mail should be
> > threaded to a first?  In mutt it seems that the decision is just on
> > the Subject field.
>
>  From src/balsa-index-threading.c:
>
> /*
>   * This file includes two message threading functions.
>   * The first is the implementation of jwz's algorithm describled at
>   * http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html . The another is very simple
>
> and  * trivial one. If you confirm that your mailbox includes every
> threaded  * messages, the later will be enough. Those functions are
> selectable on
>   * each mailbox by setting the 'type' member in BalsaIndex. If you
> don't need
>   * message threading functionality, just specify
> 'BALSA_INDEX_THREADING_FLAT'.  *
>   * ymnk@jcraft.com
>   */

Thanks for that - I had a look and I understand that the threading is
done on a few different fields - but that doesn't explain why balsa is
not doing the same thing as mutt - I thought they were using the same
algorithm? mutt is doing the right thing as far as I can see.

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades