Re: Some items are not threading v1.2.3

On 2002.01.23 17:56 Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed some mails in a file were not threading (~50%) - I checked
> in mutt and that looked 100%.
>
> What is the algorithm for deciding that a second mail should be
> threaded to a first?  In mutt it seems that the decision is just on
> the Subject field.

 From src/balsa-index-threading.c:

/*
  * This file includes two message threading functions.
  * The first is the implementation of jwz's algorithm describled at
  * http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html . The another is very simple
and  * trivial one. If you confirm that your mailbox includes every
threaded  * messages, the later will be enough. Those functions are
selectable on
  * each mailbox by setting the 'type' member in BalsaIndex. If you
don't need
  * message threading functionality, just specify
'BALSA_INDEX_THREADING_FLAT'.  *
  * ymnk@jcraft.com
  */