Re: Balsa vs. Evolution

On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 01:25, Martin Leopold wrote:
>    * Uses it's own mailbox format making opening of larges mailboxes fast
>    * Not using mbox makes it harder to switch MTA and harder to edit the
>      mailboxes by hand..

yes thats actually the point, pleasant own ailboxformat that is
incompatible to everything sure you can continue using pine, mutt
or whatever if you move the mbox files over but these indexfiles
could be horrible somehow. i think we have enough fileformats already
mbox, MH, Maildir and whatever.

>    * Has much slower startup

yeah but evolution has more things to offer, you should take this into
consideration. where balsa is just a mailer, evolution is a whole pim.

> So my question is this: What are the major differences? And advantages of
> Balsa?

speed. follows mbox rules in good old unix style. a lot of people uses
it etc...

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de