Re: Filters in Balsa 1.3.1

On 08.02.2002 02:50 Barry Skidmore wrote:
> I have set up some very simple filters in Balsa 1.3.1 which are supposed
> to transfer incoming messages to local mbox's, based on contents of the
> "To" field, however they are not working at all.  I am very familiar
> with setting up filters in Eudora.
>
> I have the required environment, i.e., gnome-1.4, gdk_pixbuf,
> gnome-vfs.  Are there other files that are needed?  I have looked on the
> Balsa web site for some documentation on setting up filters, but have
> been unable to find any.

What sort of filters have you set up? Because I think filters on incoming
mails works only for Pop3 mailboxes (and even that I'm not quite sure it's
OK).
For example if you are checking your mail with fetchmail or equivalent
this can't work. But you can still use the filters directly on your Inbox
after the mails retrieval this works great.
Bye
Manu