Fw: Re: balsa sending window just hangs

I received this message off list this afternoon.

It does my heart good to know that end users appreciate the selflessness of
one's dedication in time and effort; writing free software is clearly its own
reward!

----- Begin Forwarded Message -----

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 03:26 am, Brian Stafford wrote:
> Read the docs again, check the list, this has been discussed enough
> times. Specify the SMTP server as hostname:smtp or hostname:25.  The
> default port for message submission is 587 per RFC 2476.

In various operating systems I've used a bunch of email clients, and all
the ones I've used for any length of time use a specification like
smtp.toast.net

Having a different specification style confuses people who are trying
the program for the first time. It does have the advantage of allowing
experienced users to feel superior to the newbies.

----- End Forwarded Message -----

Brian