Re: balsa sending window just hangs

On Mon 23:06, 29 April 2002 Mark Cooke wrote:
> I've just compiled and installed balsa and I'm using pop for my mail,
> It can receive mail fine, but when I come to send it just shows the
> sending window and the progress bar doesn't move at all.
>
> I've selected my smtp/pop as:
>
> smtp.freeserve.net
> pop.freeserve.net
>
> I ran it from hte terminal, but that desn't give any reason as to why it
> won't send.
>
> Could anyone help with this please

Read the docs again, check the list, this has been discussed enough times.
Specify the SMTP server as hostname:smtp or hostname:25.  The default port for
message submission is 587 per RFC 2476.

Eventually the ISPs will see sense and provide authenticated submission on
port 587 and reserve port 25 for mail relay only.  Apart form anything this
will help reduce the problem with spam.

Brian Stafford