Re: Missing Dependencies

On 2002.04.28 22:31 Lane P. Lester wrote:
> I'm trying to install the rpm of 1.35, and I'm missing:
> libcrypto.so.2 and libssl.so.2

On my system it is openssl-0.9.6b-8.

> I would rather install 2.0, but that attempt turned up a zillion
> missing files. So I guess my system is nowhere near being able to run
> it.

I am afraid that before GNOME2 is finally released (and installed on
target system), installing binaries may be next to impossible.

> I'm running the latest Mandrake 8.2, which I guess has a fairly recent
> Gnome on it. I'm using KDE, but I included Gnome in the install.

If you want the simple install:
1. try installing balsa-1.3.5
2. get somebody to provide binary rpm for mandrake.

-pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH