Missing Dependencies

I'm trying to install the rpm of 1.35, and I'm missing:
libcrypto.so.2 and libssl.so.2

Doing a search at Rufus didn't turn up anything. What should I be
looking for?

I would rather install 2.0, but that attempt turned up a zillion missing
files. So I guess my system is nowhere near being able to run it.

I'm running the latest Mandrake 8.2, which I guess has a fairly recent
Gnome on it. I'm using KDE, but I included Gnome in the install.
--
Lane
____