Re: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] : Filters patch against 1.2.0 [e allaud wanadoo fr]

On 2001.09.26 09:08:23 +0100 Brian Stafford wrote:

>   > now, speaking *for* procmail it managed to implement server side
>filtering
>  > by becoming a MDA most MTAs like.
>   No reason the scripts should not be sieve instead.

absolutly, i meant the way the procmail *program* managed to work itself into
the MTA land, by being a proper MDA and being much better than *gasp* deliver.

>  > anyone volunteers ;)
>   I got as far as writing a sieve parser in yacc about 18 months ago.  Sadly
>  that project fell on stony ground (in part because I was working from
>  internet
>  drafts and they were in a state of flux at the time).  However, assuming
>the
>  licence is OK, there might still be the CMU sieve implementation.

iirc CMU = must proofread.
also, they use an old-bsd style license.
fortunatly there must be another implementation to make sieve an actual
standard ;)

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds