Re: Balsa v1.2.pre3 on Solaris8 - I have it compiled and working...

On Mon, 24 September 17:03 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001.09.18 08:56 James McPherson - TSG Engineer wrote:
> >  	./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-flock \
>
> Does anybody knows a way to detect that the flock functions should not be
> used (like on Sun).

When a platform is known to have a broken implementation of a function or
system call, there should be a specific macro to test for it in autoconf
since this means more than just AC_CHECK_FUNC(...) is needed.

Unfortunately autoconf doesn't seem to know about flock(), even in 2.52c.

> Is following line in configure.in good enough (+ probably some extra
> informative message error).
>
> AC_CHECK_FUNC(flock)

I doubt it.  This will succeed if the function is in the libraries.
Some extra magic will be needed to check the platform is not Solaris +
the versions where its broken.  (This is beyond my autoconf expertise.)

Brian