Re: Patch: Handle distribution lists on alias expansion

On 2001.09.21 12:51 Toralf Lund wrote:

> > > I see.
> > >
> > > I actually read some of the RFC now ;-) Based on the information
> there,
> > > think we can do [see attached patch] [ ... ]
> > >

> > > Also, I've now introduced an inconsistency in the formatting between
> > > addresses found by alias expansion and the ones selected in the
> address
> > > book, obviously the address list code ought to be shared between the
> > two
> > > lookup methods (it's not my fault that it isn't, of course...)
> > I fixed that, too; another patch is attached (it replaces the other
> two.)
> > Question: Why didn't expand_alias_find_match() call
> > libbalsa_address_to_gchar() all along?
> I just discovered a problem with my code: It seems like is_mailing_list()
> sometimes returns the wrong result. I really don't know how the test
> ought
> to be written to cover all cases. You might use
> LibBalsaAddressBook::dist_list_mode, of course, but that requires the
> address book to be found (is there a way to lookup the address book based
> on an address), and it's not really what we want for LDIF/LDAP. In fact,
> the "dist list" parameter is fairly meaningless for those as person (or
> organization) entries and distribution lists are completely distinct for
> those types. What we really want is probably to keep more of the
> structure
> from the address book data.
Looks like modifying the code so that dist_list_mode is stored for every
address would be fairly simple. I may submit a patch that will do just that
later, but I think I'll await further comments on everything first. Now
over to a completely different project...

- Toralf