Re: IMAPS certificate checking

On 2001.09.03 19:10:39 +0100 christophe barbe wrote:

> When I use secured IMAP I get a dialog box to inform me that the
> certificate was accepted but not verified. What I'm supposed to do to
> enable checking ?
>
> /C=CA/ST=British Columbia/L=New Westminster/O=my.org/OU=web-stuff/CN=my.org/EMail=amy@my.org
> This certificate accepted but not verified !!!
> SSL connection using TLSv1/SSLv3 (DES-CBC3-SHA)

checking *is* enabled or else you wouldn't get that. that means the
ceritificate did not verify as Good. that means you're using an unsigned
certificate or an expired certificate or your ssl setup is bad (i think)

asking the user what to do instead of getting that nasty message is getting
worked on :)

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds