Re: silly feature re: collapsed threads

On 2001.10.25 07:28 Jules Bean wrote:
> I think three most likely things I'd want are:

> selected but deleted, or make nothing selected.

This could be handled with a preference like:
   When I delete a message:
     [x] mark it as deleted
     [ ] move it to the trash
     [ ] really, irretrievably, delete it
I believe the infrastructure for the first option (trash-can icon,
`deleted' message flag) is all in place; perhaps there's some reason I
don't know of why it's not implemented.

> it's not already visible.

My preference for the default/initial action.

> thread). Expand that thread if necessary.

Personally, I would not want this as the default/initial/only action:
it would annoy the heck out of me to jump out of a thread after
deleting or otherwise moving a message--the thread I was in might not
even be visible any more!

> (3) is closest to the traditional unix approach.

...which I would usually regard as indicating an intelligent choice!