Re: silly feature re: collapsed threads

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 07:02:45AM -0400, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> Arguably, the `Open next' button should also auto-expand threads,
> although that's at least debatable.

I think it should.

> There are at least three different
> actions that we might want:
> (1) open next viewable (current action);
> (2) open head of next thread;
> (3) open next in current thread, auto-expanding if necessary.
> and of course the current `open next unread'.  Any or all of these
> could be implemented, although I'm not going to argue for all those
> buttons.  I *will* argue that (1) is the least likely to be what we
> really want.

I think three most likely things I'd want are:

selected but deleted, or make nothing selected.

it's not already visible.

thread). Expand that thread if necessary.

(3) is closest to the traditional unix approach.

Personally, I'd like (3) and (1) both available; perhaps as different
key strokes.

Jules