Re: Identity for Reply

On 2001.10.21 21:27 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001.10.16 16:58 hitched97 wrote:
> > This is a re-post of a portion of a larger patch I previously posted
> > to the list.  This patch is against current CVS, and it selects an
> > identity when you reply to a message based on the To address of that
> > message.  Please try it out, and make suggestions for improvements.
> > If you like it, ask for it to go into CVS...
>
> Has anybody looked at this patch? Is the idea ok?

Yes it looks OK for me. But I have not tested it. But basically it is clean
and clear : it just looks in the To: field of the previous message if it
finds the address of an existing identity and select it.
I think it should go in CVS if everyone agrees on the principle (perhaps
another pref option, yes I know there are yet quite a lot, could be created
to see if the user want this mechanism to apply or just stay with the
current identity).
Just a few comments to clean it a bit :
	use LIBBALSA_XXX instead of direct casts
	g_list_next instead of list=list->next

	nth_address = g_list_nth(addy->address_list, 0); should be replaced
by
	nth_address = addy->address_list;
if I correctly undestrand that you just one the first address?
Excuse-me for these small details but I have done quite a lot of janitorial
job these times, and when I can do it at the very beginning I do it, it
will avoid me a lot of pain later ;-)
Anyway it's a good patch, these are just details.
Bye
Manu