Re: Viewing .diff files in balsa

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 04:00:34PM +0100, Carlos Morgado wrote:

> >> doesn't help if the sender sends "application/octet-stream" (outlook
> >> dumbified mode)
> >
> > Thats the case idd, how do I fix it then?
> >
> hum, i'm not sure you can (except from larting the sender). if the MUA gets
> a mime part with "octet-stream" it tells them "this is something binary.
> figure it out".
> prolly the mime side of the MTA should look at it and try to figure what
> to do ?
> any thoughts from the resident rfc buffs ? :)

Well, I think that misclassified parts are rife, it would be nice to
have some way to deal with them nonetheless. One simple option would
be to have some kind of 'view as text anyway' option for parts that
you think are text.

Cooler would be a 'file'-type autoguesser.  Is there a version of
'file' which outputs mime-types?  That would be very cool.

Jules