Re: Some suggestions

On 2001.10.22 02:48 Petter Sundlöf wrote:
> Hi. Just a few quick suggestions/issues:
> 2) When setting up a remote IMAP folder, also include the INBOX in the
> tree (in spite of it not being in the ~/.mailboxlist -- Netscape and
> Mozilla does it this way, and it makes sense)

I think you can argue that Netscape and Mozilla are broken in this
regard.  It may be convenient to see INBOX even when it's not in the
subscription list--but then how does a user *avoid* seeing it?  INBOX
is a legitimate argument for UNSUBSCRIBE, and the only reason for
allowing this surely is to give the user the option not to see it.

RFC 2060 is a more-than-averagely ambiguous mess, but I read this
behavior as non-conformant.  Balsa could perhaps support it by having
another checkbox on the `Remote IMAP folder' configuration window,
labeled `Always show INBOX', sensitive only when `Subscribed folders
only' is checked.  Any thoughts?