Re: inbox and search

On 2001.10.19 21:38 Philippe Mathieu wrote:
> First a stupid question: where are the incoming messages located?

Normally they are in the Inbox. But if you have designated another mailbox
as reception mailbox they'll go in that one. Moreover it depends on your
settings : do you use fetchmail to retrieve mails? Because in that case I
think you'll find the incoming messages in
/home/your_username/mail/whatever_file_you_told_fetchmail. If you use IMAP
you should have set up an IMAP Mailbox.
In fact the best way to know in which mailbox you have your mails is to
look at the color of the mailbox name in the list : green named mailboxes
contain new mails.

> Second: how can we perform a search on a mailbox? No search option is
> provided in the menu. Is such a functionality planned in further
> versions.

AFAIK filters are planned for 1.3.x developpment releases, and as search
should not duplicate the code for filters I guess search function will
appear in 1.3 so only in 1.4 for stable releases. Perhaps we could backport
the filter engine to implement search in 1.2, but this is speculation ;-)

Bye
Manu