Re: BUG: online detection

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:21:03PM +0200, Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001.10.17 21:17 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> > if so, then this shouldnt be the issue. lets add the resolving
> > again whenever pressing SEND or CHECK... so we are 100% sure
> > that balsa operates under all conditions..
>
> Balsa does the dns resolution every time it connect to the server, not on
> startup, AFAIK.

It very likely is DNS; that's the reason I have to restart my squid
proxy every time I dial up.

Does balsa, or some lib it uses, 'open' the resolver at start-up and
then re-use it?  Because I *think* that /etc/resolv.conf is read when
the resolver is first opened, and if it changes (as my dial-up script
changes it) then programs which have already opened it need to be
restarted.

At least, almost every TCP/IP program I use needs to be restarted when
I dial-up...

Jules