Re: Mailbox search

On 2001.10.17 17:51:23 +0100 Raven wrote:
> Just a thought, but wouldn't a mailbox search feature be better written as
> standalone libraries, rather than as an integral part of balsa.

Seems sensible to me.  Actually another good reason to do this is that the messages can be translated to strict RFC 2822 format, particularly the \n -> \r\n thing which tends to bug me.  Also it would isolate the app code from mbox stupidity, like the non-reversible "From " quoting with '>'.

> The reason
> I think that is because all of the mailboxes that balsa can access (mbox,
> Maildir, MH, and IMAP) are standard mailboxes, not proprietary.

Exactly

> Because of
> this, someone could use those libraries in their own application, not just
> in balsa.

This was part the reasoning behind libESMTP.

Anyway, just thought I'd support that point of view :)

Brian Stafford