Re: libESMTP 0.8.6

On 2001.10.17 07:48 Brian Stafford wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> LibESMTP 0.8.6 is out!
>
> This mostly fixes build issues, there are no substantive code changes.
> Also CRAM-MD5 authentication builds without OpenSSL.
>
> Download the tarball at
>
> 	http://www.stafford.uklinux.net/libesmtp/libesmtp-0.8.6.tar.bz2
>
> I've decided not to bother with pre-releases this time around as they
> generated less feedback than I hoped for in the 0.8.5 cycle.
>
> Regards,
> Brian
>
> Recent changes
>
> 2001-10-17      Brian Stafford  <brian@stafford.uklinux.net>
>        * libesmtp-config.in
>          Corrected output for --cflags.  Added --numeric-version to
> make it
>          simpler for configure scripts to compare version numbers.
>
>        * configure.in libesmtp-spec.in
>          Merged changes from Cristophe Lambin.  Spec file now creates
>          libesmtp and libesmtp-devel packages.  If OpenSSL is used
>          spec file will have openssl dependencies added.
>
>        * Makefile.am
>          Make sure libesmtp.spec and config.h do not make their way
> into
>          tarballs.  These confused the build on some platforms.
>
> 2001-10-16      Brian Stafford  <brian@stafford.uklinux.net>
>        * configure.in
>          Added --with-openssl[=DIR] option, removed --enable-starttls.
>          OpenSSL dependent features are now enabled or disabled en
> masse
>          using --with-openssl.
>
>        * crammd5/md5.[ch] crammd5/Makefile.am
>          Added public domain MD5 implementation to crammd5 module.
> This
>          enables the CRAM-MD5 mechanism to be built, even if OpenSSL
> is
>          not available.
>
>        * smtp-tls.c
>          Applied patch from James McPherson correcting __attribute to
>          __attribute__

I had to run autoconf to deal with configure problems, but other than
that, the build went fine.  I didn't have to resort to my libtool
kludge--ulike 0.8.5.

All works fine on FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE.
--
jmc

MacroHard -- the perfection of form over
             substance, marketing over
             performance, and greed over
             design . . .