Re: gnome-pim

On 2001.10.17 08:08:51 +0100 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001.10.17 03:31 m96 wrote:
>> "You should also know, however, that gnome-pim is essentially
>> deprecated in favor of Evolution; I'm really only putting in patches
>> which I receive or fixing minor bugs, rather than doing any real new
>> development.  At some point in the future, it will probably be
>> removed from the core GNOME distribution."

well, gnome-card works *now* and works fairly well so there is no imediate
danger.

> This has been known for a while. I just hope that it will be possible to
> interoperate with evolution, I have never looked at this. Has anyone?

it prolly means bonobo to do it right. i'll prod around :)

> Is it possible to install evolution's address book without the rest, or it
> is another all or nothing solution?

from memory, i'd say any given evolution component works as standalone.
but i don't remember how standalone the addressbook is, ie. i guess it
will mean *everything* including ldap. that could considered good though :)

> I am not in favour of adding an address book to balsa, but I will do what
> is necessary.

hum. *bad*

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds