Re: SFL and Balsa

The patch uses OpenSSL and basically duplicates the already existing PGP
features in mutt. However, the libmutt in Balsa is terribly out-of-sync
with mutt, and does not seem to have PGP support.

http://elmy.myip.org/mutt/smime.html

What you talked about is something to do with mailcap and gnome's MIME
handling, which I am not familiar with. But I know that the content-type's
for PGP and S/MIME are distinct so you have no problem identifying them.
e.g. SMIME goes like application/x-pcks7-signature etc. Algorithm used is
specified within the signature itself.

I doubt this patch would be useful here. For one, it spawns the openssl's
smime tool to do all its functions. Ideally it should be a linked in
library.
But I still prefer OpenSSL to SFL, haven't seen Swordfish.

| wil                   |