Re: SFL and Balsa

On Tue,  9 October 18:19 Timothy Ang wrote:
>  Hi!
>  Has anyone tried integrating SMime Freeware Library in C++ with Balsa 1.2
>  before?

What purpose would this serve?

Balsa already has MIME support in libmutt.  Even if libmutt is eliminated
from balsa, Gmime would be a better choice for MIME for at least four reasons,
it is part of the Gnome project, it is written in C, it has a reasonable API
and it is licensed under the LGPL.

One other major question that must be asked: is the library a rigorous
implementation of RFC 2045-9 et al?  It is my experience that many
implementors (but I don't know about this specific case) are not good at
reading the RFCs (not that easy actually) and consequently produce
non-compliant code as a result.  Better the devil you know ...

Regards,
Brian Stafford