Spell checking (was: Build problems: C++ code in pspell and newRPM-SPEC files)

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Pawel Salek wrote:

> When you report problems with configure, please post relevant sections
> from config.log.

Thanks for this tip. Without config.log it was hard to debug configure
scripts (I tried things like "sh -x configure" and copied the
conftest.c sources manually from configure. With config.log this isn't
necessary :-).

> > 2) Disabling iconv-checks
> > 3) Disabling libesmtp

> Same as above.

In config.log I found that all problems were caused by my
pspell-libraries which didn't work. Now I tried the original SuSE 7.2
pspell and pspell-devel packages. Balsa compiles without problems with
these packages. No patches are needed.

I compared my pspell.spec with the version from SuSE. They don't use
the BuildRoot-feature:

* Mon Mär 05 2001 - schwab@suse.de

- Match $host_os against "linux*" instead of "linux-gnu*".
- Don't use BuildRoot, it breaks libtool install.

Also, they update some autoconf/automake files from pspell-source with
other versions and run autoconf.

Balsa runs fine now. It's really fast. But ironically after so much
problems with pspell, balsa can't spell check German texts:

    'I'm sorry I can't find any suitable word lists for the language tag
    "de"'

German ispell word list is named "deutsch" (names from
ispell-change-dictionary in emacs-20.7.1: "deutsch-babel" (7 Bit
character set and "deutsch-latin1" (8 Bit character set)).

Bye, Björn

--
Björn Voigt <bjoern@cs.tu-berlin.de>
WWW:     http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~bjoern/