Re: Build problems: C++ code in pspell and new RPM-SPEC files

On 2001.10.08 23:27 Bjoern Voigt wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Pawel Salek wrote:
>
> > What about attached configure? Does it detect properly pspell? (I
> > attach the configure.in.diff for completness).
>
> In addition I had to change the following things:
>
> 1) Running libtoolize (from libtool-1.3.5, SuSE 7.2)
>    is also ok. But, why it's necessary to run libtoolize or autogen.sh
>    on a distribution (balsa-1.2.0.tar.bz2, no CVS version)?

Thanks for verification. The patch on configure.in is for the developers.
It is not entire tarball.

> 2) Disabling iconv-checks
>
>    I have iconv in glibc-2.2.2. But unfortunately configure doesn't
>    detect this.

When you report problems with configure, please post relevant sections
from config.log.

> 3) Disabling libesmtp
>
>    No idea. It already worked before.

Same as above.

> I don't know, why 2) and 3) is necessary. Probably everything has to
> do with incompatibilities of different versions of libtool, autoconf
> and automake. I have
>
> libtool-1.3.5-117
> autoconf-2.13-339
> automake-1.4-334
>
> (all original from SuSE 7.2). But, for instance, libesmtp want's to
> have autoconf 2.50 or higher. I would prefer it to find the required
> versions of Libc or libiconv, libtool, autoconf, automake and so on in
> the README.

I do not think this is true. I use
libtool-1.3.5-8
autoconf-2.13-10
automake-1.4-8

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek, Theoretical Chemistry, SCFAB, Stockholm
http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/