Re: Attaching and quoting messages

On 2001.10.08 21:32 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> Balsa would be greatly enhanced by a capability to attach or quote an
> arbitrary message. The `File' menu could be expanded to:
>   Include file...
>   Include message
>   Attach file...
>   Attach message
> where the `message' versions would refer to the currently selected
> message.
I implemented this a while back, but never got around to submitting a
patch. I will do it in a short while (after I've finished some more urgent
jobs.)

> (Well, I guess it could be
>   Include file...
>   Include message...
>   Attach file...
>   Attach message...
> where the `message' versions would pop up an index to choose from, but
> that's more advanced!)
>
> It would also be nice to be able to drag'n'drop a message into the text
> area or the attachments area to do the same things: include (quoted),
> and attach (verbatim), respectively.
I also thought about looking into that, but I haven't done it yet. I
certainly agree that it would come handy. Also, I think it should be
possible to drag an attachment (or part in general) from a received
message to one being composed.

> Which brings me to the point...there's already some code in
> src/sendmsg-window.c for receiving drag'n'dropped stuff, but I can't
> figure out what it does.  Can anyone offer a clue?
You can actually attach files by dragging their icons from the desktop to
the "Attachments" pane, I guess what you are seeing is related to that.
--
- Toralf