Re: PATCH: balsa-subject

On 2001.10.06 10:13:23 +0100 Steffen Klemer wrote:
>   | >   yeah, well i am thinking about having a little dialog popup with a
>   | >  textline inside and 3 buttons below
>   | >   .----------------------------------------------.
>   | >  |                                              |
>   | >  |  [(No Subject)                            ]  |
>   | >  |                                              |
>   | >  |----------------------------------------------|
>   | >  |                                              |
>   | >  | [Leave Empty] [Accept Subject] [Cancel Sent] |
>   | >  |                                              |
>   | >  '----------------------------------------------'
>   | >   well could also be named differently but something like this
>   | whenever
>   | >  someone press sent, queue or postpone without a subject.
>   | Seems the right kind of thing to me :)
>   | Brian
>
> not really :-(
>
> at leasst not for me!
>
> yeah, sometimes I miss the subject but
> perhaps we should at least make it (the popup) an option!
>
> Because many people (including /me) don't like to be forced, disturbed or
> to be commanded by a stupid proggi...
>
> know what I mean?

Well, read this thread again.  I was making the point that since RFC 2822
does not require a message to have a subject, Balsa should not force the
message to have one.  However, it is often the case that the subject is
omitted accidentally, so the check should be made.  I take the "Leave Empty"
option to mean no Subject: header.

Brian