Re: Some proposals or the 1.3 cycle

  | > Perhaps I'm wrong but in my eyes balsa is a gnome proggi! So balsa's
  | > aim is to fit into the gnome-desktop So why couldn't we rely on gnome
  | > components?
  |
  | yes and ? balsa use valid gnome components right now.. so wheres the
  | problem...

The prob was that you (and some else) staited that balsa should be
independant, don't rely on to many libs and should be simple and small

OK: simple. great!
small: yes it has to be
but: why don't rely on all GNOME-libs? whne they are there and we can only
survife with gnome than we can also depend on the next 5 libs instead of
saying that balsa would be crape like evo...

why shouldn't we include the imageviewer as a bonobo-component...
or the GnuPG-support through a (perhaps alreade written
bonobo-component...)
or why should we go the completly wrong direction and should refuse Gconf?

It IS the future of Gnome and, as balsa is a gnome proggi, it should
(perhaps has to), go the way gnome does

and at leat: how should Gnome win without the greates e-mail proggi in the
world?

and: the palm and gnome-pim stuff:

I totaly agree: but the point I wanted to state was that there are perhaps
people that want/ have to use the calendar and adressbook feature of evo
but don't want to use the crappy included e-mail feature....

b ut if you say it would be to hard...

-> like I said before: that were all proposals

cu
/Steffen

--
"Sie werden niemals ihr Unvermögen sanktionieren können!
              NIE! Denn das ist immanent."