Re: Ident patch

Hi,

On 2001.10.03 12:26 Jules Bean wrote:
>  Well, not rely on it, no.  But you have to admit that "\n-- \n" (which
>  is what I meant, of course) is a pretty unusual sequence to have in a
>  message.  And recall that we're talking about the compose window, so
>  it's only things that the user types (much less of a problem than if
>  it could be triggered by incoming mail).

As a matter of fact, Balsa could acrually insert some, maybe invisible,
special character when auto-appending a signature. Then the start of the
signature would be clear, as long as the character inserted is one that
cannot be entered from the keyboard.
I don't know if it's possible to code it so that the character cannot be
erased by the user, but that would help, too.
Then, on sending the message, that special character gets stripped an all's
well...

Melanie