Re: Reply to Group?

On 2001.11.13 12:37 Martin Leopold wrote:
> I'm subscribed to a mailing list with wich reply-group doesn't work
> (local mbox). After looking at the headers I noticed that neither
> x-beenthere or x-mailing list were not included in the header. The
> list is run by ezlml (chosen by my ISP) and in the documentation they
> don't say anything about how to set it up to send any of the 2 fields.
>
> So i tried to look ouround for the "official" filds in some rfc, but
> I couldn't find any resebleing those 2. What I could find, though,
> was RFC2369 which doesn't talk about any of the fields but about
> list-help, list-post and others. Do you know what the "right" fields
> are?
>
> If RFC2369 is the only document on the subject wouln't it be right to
> set the reply address when selecting grop-reply to the value of the
> "List-Post" field instead? If I look at the headers from the ezmlm
> managed list the list-post field is included, so this would solve my
> problem.
>
>--
> Regards Martin Leopold.
> Dept. of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen

Yes, we should try to keep Balsa standards-compliant when possible :)

Since RFC2369 describes URLs rather than simple addresses, it's not
quite as simple as plugging in the "List-Post" field, but if it's just
a `mailto:' URL, it's not too difficult! We still need to make sure
that we get all the headers for IMAP messages.