Re: ANNOUNCE: libESMTP 0.8.7

On 2001.11.07 09:06 Brian Stafford wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> LibESMTP 0.8.7 is out!
>
> This mostly tackles build issues and there is a small improvment to
> error handling.
>
> Download the tarball at
> 	http://www.stafford.uklinux.net/libesmtp/libesmtp-0.8.7.tar.bz2
>
> Regards,
> Brian
>
> Recent changes
>
> 2001-10-05      Brian Stafford  <brian@stafford.uklinux.net>
>       * errors.h libesmtp.h
>         Improve handling of error codes from getaddrinfo.  Delay
> mapping
>         of codes to make debugging easier.  libesmtp.h defines new
> error
>         codes for the relevant EAI_XXX codes from getaddrinfo.
>         smtp_strerror will use gai_strerror if appropriate.
>
> 2001-10-31      Brian Stafford  <brian@stafford.uklinux.net>
>       * configure.in
>         Added test for sun platforms and define __EXTENSIONS__ so that
>         sun's netdb.h will declare the getaddrinfo stuff. (James
> McPherson)
>
>       * crammd5/md5.[ch]
>         Type sanity: change u_intXX_t to uintXX_t.  Also changed the
>         argument for the buffer and length to void * and size_t
>         respectively in md5_update.  Buffer for md5_final is now
>         unsigned char.
>
> 2001-10-17      Brian Stafford  <brian@stafford.uklinux.net>
>       * headers.c
>         Fixed a core dump bug which strikes when existing headers in a
>         message are substituted.
>               * Makefile.am
>         Reinstated libesmtp.spec into tarballs.

I've ported libesmtp-0.8.7 to FreeBSD and I have the tarball mirrored
to my site.  Aside from the configure script crashing (I'm having to
autoconf it to get a runner), there's a minor issue with POSIX Threads
handing.

I'm now passing PTHREAD_LIBS and PTHREAD_CFLAGS through the environment
during the configuration pass.  configure correctly detects that POSIX
threads are supported.  The problem is that the contents of
PTHREAD_LIBS are not getting appended to LIBS.  Consequently, I'm
having to do this by passing it through the environment in LIBS.  The
same goes for PTHREAD_CFLAGS.  Admittedly, both are quite minor.

My port of Balsa-1.2.3 for FreeBSD was committed today.  :)

--
jmc                               ||   MacroHard --                    \

----------------------------------||       substance, marketing over   |
Web:  http://www.borgsdemons.com  ||       performance, and greed over |

Public Key:  http://www.borgsdemons.com/Personal/pgpkey.asc            |