Re: Local MTA with balsa 1.1.5

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 12:29:41AM +0200, Sebastian Zerbe wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm new to this list and hope this isn't off topic.
> My problem is that I switched to balsa 1.1.5
> (used a deb package provided by Randall Gibson
> at http://www.tvec.net/users/wabbit/) and was not
> able to set it up for using my local MTA.

Balsa needs to be compiled with the --with-esmtp=no switch to use a local
MTA now. This has the benefit of removing the extra unused code.

If you don't feel at ease with recompiling programs or making debs I can try
to make some on woody.  Or you could ask the packager of the deb you're
using now (as it seems to fit your system perfectly) to build an smtp-less
balsa for you as it should be on effort for him.

cheers

[ rm vs .sig - rm 1 .sig 0]